Welcome to the official site for the Committee to Re-Elect Nancy Backus as the mayor of Auburn.
Nancy was elected to her first term as mayor in 2014 and is the first female to hold the office in Auburn’s 125 year history. Prior to taking office, she served 10 years as an Auburn city councilmember and spent 25 years as a financial manager for the Boeing Company. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in accounting and is a proud wife and mother to a high-achieving, soccer-playing daughter.
She recently finished her term as the president of Sound Cities Association (SCA). SCA represents 37 cities and provides a voice for over one million people. She is also the chair for the South Correctional Entity (SCORE) and Valley Regional Fire Authority (VRFA).
She also proudly serves on the following regional boards and committees:
- All Home Coordinating Board
- Sound Transit Board of Directors
- Valley Communications Board of Directors
- Association of Washington Cities (AWC) Large City Advisory Committee
- King County Children & Youth Advisory Board
- Seattle-King County Economic Development Council, Executive Committee member
- King County Flood Control District
- Puget Sound Regional Council (PSRC) Executive & Operations Boards
- South Sound Behavioral Health Coalition
- Safe Energy Leadership Alliance (SELA)
- US Conference of Mayors:
- Tourism, Arts, Parks, Entertainment & Sports
- Community Development & Housing
- Veterans Affairs Taskforce